Saturday, January 13, 2007

Andrew Update

Thank you all for your prayers and encouraging words for my family.
There is both good news and bad news about Andrew. Since being cooled Wednesday for a deep sleep his body has been warmed back up to normal body temperature. He is breathing better on his own, and the pneumonia that began creeping in is now going away. A CAT scan of his brain today showed no "red flags," but another is scheduled for Monday (since he's too asleep to really tell much now). These are all good things.
The bad news is that doctors and family have been unable to wake him up from his coma. Some doctors are hopeful he will wake up late. Others think he should have by this point, 48 hours after surgery. We continue to visit him, speak to him and touch him in the hope that God will direct his mind back to us. Pray that the Lord brings him back to us soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Sarah,

This is Daniel McPhearson--formerly a student of Belhaven College. Another Belhaven alumni alerted me about Andrew's condition and sent me the link to your blog. I wanted to let you know that I, my brother Chad, and my parents are all praying for Andrew.

Sincerely,
Daniel McPhearson