Monday, March 03, 2008

Hobbies R Not Us?

As a wife and mom, I hardly have time for what I once called my hobbies - dancing, writing, singing in a band, etc... Sometimes I wonder if I'm good at anything besides mom stuff. I recently asked Jarrod if I was interesting. Hmm. Dumb question? If you're a mom, you probably understand this feeling. Baby puke on your shirt, a pile of dishes in the sink, mystery stains in that very important shirt - all of these require some skill or discipline but are not exactly "interesting" nor do they make one feel particularly feminine or talented. I think I need to make a little extra time at home and space on this blog to foster my interests. So, here's a recent project.
I made this necklace just for me. Often, my jewelry projects are for other people, so I decided to make a piece I've been wanting for myself for some time. Then, when I wear it, I'm reminded that I do have a hobby. Plus, it makes me feel pretty. :)



2 comments:

Rashell said...

Sarah, that's gorgeous and oh so you! I love it.

Anonymous said...

I completely understand, and adding pregnancy to it all has made my sink and my counter pile up with dishes...I think we are switching to paper goods only soon!