Tuesday, March 27, 2007

White Chili

This has been a good fat free crock pot recipe. I even left out the onions cause of my weird diet rules, but it was still tasty.

3 15-oz. cans Great Northern beans, drained
8 oz. cooked chicken breast, shredded (I just about doubled this to make it more hearty)
1 cup chopped onions
1 1/2 cups chopped peppers (red, yellow or green)
2 garlic cloves, minced (or two spoons pre-minced jar garlic)
3 tsp. ground cummin
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
4 cups chicken broth
2 chili peppers, chopped and seeded (optional)

1. Combine all ingredients in clow cooker.
2. Cover. Cook on Low 8-10 hours or High 4-5 hours.
3. Serve over rice with shredded cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I think your DFIL (Darling Father in Love?) likes these white beans? Check it out! Make some points!

Rashell said...

I cooked that one time and loved it. It's fantastic. Gotta love the crockpot.